Thursday, February 17, 2011

Alphabet List #1: Favorite foods that begin the letter A

Haven't had much food that has been worth a review lately so I thought I would take an idea from my sister which she got from a friend.  I will now every once in a while post a list of some of my  favorite foods for every letter of the alphabet.  Tonight we obviously star with the letter A.

1. Asparagus:  One of my favorite vegetables.  Taste best when simply sauteed in a pan with butter, salt, pepper, and a little bit of garlic.  Hate it when it is overcooked and soggy.  Should be cooked to where it has a nice crisp when bitten into
2. Alfredo: Definitely a top five pasta dish for me here.  Whether it be chicken, seafood, or broccoli,  I can't get enough if it when It is part of my dining for that meal.  It is heavy so I prefer to go lighter with amount of sauce I put on the noodles.  From tv dinners, to olive garden, to my father's, to a lobster Alfredo I had in Atlantic City when I was 12, I love this dish no matter how it's prepared.

  3. Applesauce:  Yes I know this is very simple and may even be childish but Applesauce is one of those foods that just makes me feel good when I eat.  I prefer it served warm with a just a dash of cinnamon.  It compliments breaded pork chops very well.  Try even dipping the pork in the applesauce, it is scrumptious.
 4. Alexion's: This is one of my  restaurant's rather than foods.  My best friend Tim's dad Tom Yaksick has owned and operated this bar and grill since 1980.  Everything is great from the pizza to the wings but this is by far  a sandwich place.  From the Kielbasa special on Wednesdays to Fish on Fridays, to your every day favorites like the steak wedgie, breakfast sandwich, Reuben,  buffalo chicken , Italian delight, and the Pittsburgh Steak( from you who aren't from the western pa area that is Grilled Jumbo AKA Bologna).  I have been eating here since I was a freshmen in high school.  It has provided great times with friends and of course delicious food.     
  
    There you have it my favorite food A's.   I'm out for now.


Best Eats to You,
    
            Ian                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment