Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Review #6: Chili from the Central Dining Room

        Hello all.  I am sorry for the layoff.  I am probably only going to be able to do one or two of these blogs due to a busy college schedule.  Today's blog will be short, sweet, and will be a about one of my favorite comfort foods, chili.  Today for lunch and dinner at the Central Dining Room (CDR) I indulged in their thick and zesty chili from the soup station.  The soup station, as I mentioned in my first blog, typically has good selections.  Today was no different.  The chili, though basic, was thick as it was described with a lot of ground meat.   The kidney beans were cooked to a nice softness and it contained your usual chunks of tomato, celery, and onion in it.  It was not zesty/spicy enough for my liking.  I tend to like a hotter tasting chili but this was solved by adding a healthy amount of crushed red pepper flakes.  A dash of cheddar cheese and some crackers made this dish perfect for the cold and baron atmosphere that awaited me outside.  Way to hit the spot CDR with bowl of solid B chili. I'm out for now.

Best Eats to You,


      Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment