Monday, January 31, 2011

Review 4: CDR Chicken and dumplings.

              Hello followers!  Sorry for the three day layoff but I won't be doing much blogging over weekends.  Lets get to today's dish.  Today for dinner at Wittenberg's CDR was chicken and dumplings served with York golden mashed potatoes and balsamic brussel sprouts.  The first mistake that was made was the fact that dumplings were paired mashed potatoes.  It is common culinary knowledge that you never have more than one starch with a dish.  To top it off the potatoes were not mashed nearly enough.  I hate lumpy mashed potatoes!  The flavor was decent but it just couldn't make up for poor texture and mouth feel of the side.  The main entre of chicken and dumplings was nothing more than instant gravy mixed with some carrots, onions, peas and what appeared to be and tasted like the scraps of chicken previously used.  That mixed with  dumplings that were way to bland and chewy made for just very bland dish flavor wise.  The worst part of this dish was clearly the balsamic brussel sprouts.  They were raw!  They were not cooked one bit. My fork would hardly go into them.  They were bitter and hard, the balsamic vinegar, which is typically a flavorful vinegar could even be tasted.  The only highlight of the my meal tonight was that the CDR had frosted flakes for the first time in months.  Besides that I give you folks at the Central Dining Room tonight a C- and that is being nice considered you served me the worst brussel sprouts I have ever dined upon.  I'm out for now.

Best Eats To You,
 
       Ian

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry dinner was terrible tonight. For dinner we had medium rare steak, fresh salad and fresh bread from the bakery at Kuhn's.

    Now for auntly duties, spell check and proofread before publishing your blog. I'm out for now. Aunt Maur

    ReplyDelete