Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Second Review: Dominos Pizza

Hello there all,

        Today I'm reviewing Dominos Pizza. I had a a medium sausage pizza for lunch. I can say I can't remember having Domino's until I arrived here at Wittenberg University.  I'm sure you have all seen those commercials that has domino's bragging about their new taste and techniques.  Let me tell  you the change they have made is of great proportions.  They put these changes in effect starting January 2010.  I ate domino's a lot before this time because there is one literally a block from campus and they have good student discounts.  Dominos prior to their change of 2010 was very way below par.  The sauce was too sweet, the crust like cardboard, and the cheese and toppings were overcooked many times I indulged in eating it.  Today the changes are very apparent.  The sauce is stiller of sweeter taste but not so much where it overwhelms everything else on the pizza.  The crust is by far the best part of the new Dominos.  It has nice crunch  on the outside by very soft and flaky on the inside.  To top it off the crust is brushed with garlic butter and seasonings, setting it aside from other chain pizza franchises.  The cheese is melted just right to where its not too gooey but not undercooked.  The sausage on today's pizza was your typical sausage you get on a chain pizza but still added a nice kick of flavor. I wish they put a little more on, but no need to be picky.  Obviously Dominos doesn't compare to your neighborhood/city family run pizza joints but for being a large chain they make a quality product, definitely better than most chains especially that cardboard with topping papa johns.  
I'm out till next time.

Best Eats to You,

Ian

3 comments:

  1. ian, i know i am not as qualified to make judgements as you are, but i must say that i am offended by the papa johns "cardboard" reference. let me give you a little tip...the next time you have the pleasure of eating papa johns pizza, grab one of the garlic dipping sauces and start going crazy. i'm telling you the garlic makes it much more tolerable, if not delicious. i am going to enjoy keeping up with your blog though, very excited.
    -witmer

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my personal experience its always the small family owned joints who make the better pizzas. Ohh yea and I am the man

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true, we don't have many Domino's in the Pgh area. I see commercials all of the time, but I couldn't tell you where the nearest one is located.

    ReplyDelete