Thursday, January 27, 2011

Review Numero Tres: The Wittenburger

 Hello All,

          In my first blog I talked about the CDR (Central Dining Room) here at Wittenberg and it usually does not have the best choices and flavor.  Tonight I took my appetite to Post 95.  Post 95 is a small cafe style place right below the Central Dining Room that offers all sorts of coffees, snacks, and smoothies.  They also have three stations where you can buy meals. They are the wrap station, grill, and some kind of panini/salad station Problem here is you have to pay for them, your meal plan swipes do not apply at Post.  The good thing for me though is since I own a meal plan the University automatically gives me 100 points of "Witt Gold" to use each semester.  This is supposed to last the whole semester but between eating at the grill and snacks it lasts me about two months.  Now lets get to the cuisine.  The Wittenburger is by far the best Wittenberg has to offer in the food department.  It is 1/4 pound ground beef  burger patty served with lettuce, tomato, cheddar cheese, bacon, Post's homemade onion straws, and barbecue sauce.  It is an explosion of flavor in your mouth.  The burger is plump and juicy and the bacon is cooked to where its not all crunch, but rather is crispy on the edges.  The cheddar cheese is melted on top of the burger to a gooey perfection.  When you bite into strands of cheese try to hang on to the burger as you pull away.  This is always a good sign.  The lettuce is typical, crisp and clean, the way it should be.  The only two parts of tonight's burger that could be improved are just based on my personal preference.  I like spicier bbq sauce, the sauce Post uses is just a little too sweet but it still tastes good.  The last improvement/complaint is the tomato.  I love tomato on my burger but I should not have gotten it tonight.  January is obviously not the best of times to eat tomatoes but I gave it a shot it anyway.  Tomatoes in the winter time just have a more bitter taste to me and I learned tonight that tomatoes are best eaten in the summer months.  Besides that I will always give the Wittenberger an A.  It never gets worse every time I get it, sometimes it is even better.  I'm out until next time.


Best of Eats To You All,


    Ian

2 comments:

  1. I shared this with mom. She says good job & she can't wait to eat a burger.

    Really enjoy this blog, little brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I forgot to put this in. What really makes the burger is the onion straws. Post makes the straws themselves then deep fries them. They absolutely scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete